ARC Children’s Choir, seeking Assistant Choral Conductor, Wednesday’s in Preston 4.15-5.45. Commencing February 2018.
ARC children’s choir is seeking an assistant to the musical director, starting term 1 2018.
The successful candidate will display the following criteria.
- A sound musical education (B.Mus graduate or current student), specialising in voice, with keyboard skills a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of vocal teaching practises and especially of nurturing and developing young voices.
- Knowledge of Kodaly method and the ability to work in solfa.
- A natural rapport with children and the ability to command the attention of a group of children.
- Knowledge of the AMEB musical theatre syllabus and the skills needed to successfully prepare candidates for exams.
- A strong singer with excellent sight singing skills.
The successful candidate will be expected to collaborate with the musical director during rehearsals. As there is a junior and senior group starting at staggered times, the assistant will sometimes lead a group or start warm ups with the next group of children arriving. The musical director plans all rehearsals and chooses music so this is an ideal position for a choral conductor looking to build experience through mentoring.
Payment will be $75.00 for each session. Availability on weekends is required approximately once a term for workshops or performances. Selection will be through interview and a paid trial period. WWCC essential.
To apply for this position or for additional information please email Jane Murone email@example.com or call 0414653306.