2018 VCE Aural & Written Exam Preparation Day – Music Performance
With Deborah Smith author of the highly successful ‘Musicianship & Aural Training for the Secondary School’ text book and CD series & Jennifer Gillan, specialist music teacher at VCASS, author of “Music Analysis – Listening Beyond Hearing”.
Suitable for students studying VCE Music Performance & their teachers. Teachers accompanying a class attend for free.
Topics covered include:
- Terms & Requirements;
- Question essentials;
- Future practice ideas.
- Key knowledge & skills;
- The answering process;
- Practice questions;
- Exam strategies.
- Suitable vocabulary for the analysis of the elevments of music;
- Interprepation and its effect on expressiveness in performance;
- Comparision of interpretation questions and techniques;
- Listening strategies for "unheard" works
When: Sunday, August 26th 2018
Time: 9:30am – 4:00pm
Venue: Australian University, Phillipa Brazil Theatre, 115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy, 3065
Cost: $80 per student if paid before 10 August. After this date fee per student is $100
- Morning tea included, BYO lunch
- Comprehensive set of notes provided
- No refunds will apply after 12 August 2018.
Online bookings via trybooking (preferred) : https://www.trybooking.com/VQRX
PDF booking form with more information: https://dsmusic.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/VCE_booking_form_august_2018.pdf
Bookings Office and enquiries:
3/6 Atherton Road, Oakleigh VIC 3166
Phone: 03 9254 1000 Fax: 03 8610 1936
More information on workshops offered can be found on the website: https://dsmusic.com.au/events/