The Singing Classroom
Musical Futures has teamed up with aMuse (The Association of Music Educators in Victoria) to deliver FREE singing workshops especially designed for teachers working in early years.
The Singing Classroom is a Professional Learning program for generalist primary classroom teachers offering them support, confidence, skills and resources to sing more regularly with their students. The approach is designed in such a way so that singing is not an add-on or an extra activity, but integrated into the existing your daily program.
The Singing Classroom workshops will:
- Provide skills and resources for generalist teachers to enable more singing in the classroom
- Build confidence in generalist primary teachers to sing with their students
- Provide techniques to lift the profile of singing in schools and classrooms
- Demonstrate ways of integrating singing into dedicated music sessions as well as into the general curriculum
- Supporting the development of self-confidence in teachers and students
Workshop activities include:
- Introduction to the purpose of singing in the classroom and why singing is important
- How to teach a song including chants, rounds, part-songs, action songs
- Ideas for integrating singing into the curriculum especially links to literacy, numeracy and more
- Extension ideas for integrating composition and percussion including body percussion, songwriting composition and creating a rap
- Materials and resources including sample songs, rounds, tools for creating a group composition activities, writing a rap and more
Choose your date and location:
Singing Classroom workshops are bring scheduled for Term 2 and 3 2017. Confirmed dates and locations so far include:
Monday June 5th – Patterson Lakes Primary School, Patterson Lakes
Thursday June 8th- Camberwell South Primary School, Camberwell South
Tuesday June 13th – Melbourne Graduate School of Education, University of Melbourne, Carlton
Tuesday June 20th – Bayswater Secondary College, Bayswater
Additional Term 3 locations will be announced in the near future.
If you would like to register for a FREE Singing Classroom workshop please click here